Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a Mighty God We Serve!

Things I have done this week for the first time since Haley was born:
1. Took her out by myself somewhere-ok if BigLots counts
2. Lifted her into the car by myself and took her out
3. Lifted her out of the bathtub for the first time since she was born
4. Took her to see Daddy at work
5. Raised her up on my shoulder to hold her
6. Walk around the house holding her
7. Moved her around in her fun play toys-lifting her in and out of her swing and then into the bumbo etc.
8. Actually got on the floor with her to play and could get back up by myself

Things being sick teaches you:
1. Never take a day for granted
2. Live in the moment because you never know what tomorrow might be like
3. Don't store up treasures on earth because when you are at the bottom nothing really matter but how you have treated people and how you have lived your life
4. Nothing in life in guaranteed and it could change at any moment
5. Everyone has a struggle in life, whether its family problems, financial problems, health problems, etc. Don't feel sorry for yourself, but learn to adapt and manage the situation you are in
6. Prayer is the most important thing in life
7. When you feel good, use the money and time you have to help others, it makes a huge impact on a person when they are feeling low
8. Small petty things in life don't matter
9. Never take your body and health for granted, be thankful when you wake up to go to work that you can get up and put your clothes on
10. Last but not least, love your family, they are the ones who will come through in tough times and stick by you through it

Next Sunday we are heading out! I've become pretty attached to my little girl, we have been through a lot together the past 11 months or so. It's going to be hard to leave her, even if it is a couple of days and I know her Gramma and Grandfather are going to spoil her while they are here, but her mamma's got to go get some answers from the experts. I'll post a big blog next week when I get home! Please keep praying for our trip, save return, and for Dr. Engel and the people at the Mayo Clinic who I will be seeing!

2 comments:

Winter Wonderland said...

I am so glad to hear that you were able to do so much this week. I pray you will gain more strength each and every day. Prayers for your travels and the drs will definitely be going up next week. I know they will be able to find out what to do to make you feel 100% again soon! Love you lots!!

laura said...

Big Lots counts!! So glad to hear you're doing so well! We'll keep on praying. Love ya!