Thursday, February 26, 2009

Treatment #6

Well we have had a busy day today. I started feeling weak again on Monday and new that something was not right. My sister and Cooper came down for a couple of days to help us out. Man, they sure were a big help, we did not want to see the Super Nanny go. Sara had a way of calming Haley that we have not been able to do so far. Today George took me to see Dr. Nations. She is starting me on Prednisone to see if I will get stronger or if it works.

I am getting an infusion right at this very moment sitting at home watching tv in our recliner. Home Health is a wonderful thing. The nurse is very nice and helpful. She sits with me for 4-5 hours or until the bottle is gone. I am scheduled to do this every 3 weeks, but this time it was only a week in between treatments.

Dr. Nations said that I am a moderate case and that the prednisone should help. There are so many side effects to predinsone, and she said I won't stay on them long. One questions she continues to have is if this disease is congenital (born with it) or autoimmune. All my labs are coming back negative or normal meaning that it is congenital MG, but since my body is responding to the treatment, then that makes her think it is the autoimmune kind. Maybe the prednisone will help her tell more of which it is.

Please continue to pray for my healing and strength. Its so hard one day walking around and holding your baby and the next day feeling as if you don't hold her head or or yours for that matter. My mom and George are definitely my strength and have helped me so much doing anything and everything they can to be strong and help out. George's mom helped so much too staying with Haley while I was in the hospital. Thanks cannot begin to express how much they are appreciated and have helped me with things I cannot do on my own.

2 comments:

Jerry Atson said...

I had myasthenia gravis since 2015. I got medically discharged out of the Army, a job I loved well. My heart had 5 myasthenic crises, 3 being severe enough to be ventilated or require CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) helmet. I have had countless plasma exchanges as my veins are bad. I also needed Hickman lines inserted. I have been on azathioprine, mycophenolate (CellCept), methotrexate and none have worked. I'm currently done with my herbal remedy I purchase from totalcureherbsfoundation .com which has totally cured my condition with a surprise after almost four months of their usage, I was discouraged and never thought I would be myasthenia gravis (MG) free ,to me the best to get rid of this condition is totalcureherbsfoundation com treatment because all medications I used never worked include mycophenolate (CellCept)

Jake Van said...

I am a retired navy veteran and was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis in September 2020. After a bout of left ear infection and TMD (Temporomandibular disorder), symptoms persisting were eyelid drooping, slurred speech, drooling and overall muscle weakness in the left hand grip, increased fatigue and unsteady walking. I'm now taking www. madibaherbalcenter . com herbal cure (3 months) and I have been receiving a great improvement since I started the remedy, I find joy in being able to go out by myself and catch a movie. “It’s been wonderful, and it’s been life-changing.